VAT subsidy for tourism and hotel sectors
Austria has extended its COVID-19 reduced VAT rates on hospitality and hotels until 31 December 2021. The reduction were introduced on 1 July 2020 and was due to expire on 31 December 2020.
The reduced rate cuts are as follows:
- Hotel accommodation – 10% to 5%
- Hospitality and catering – 10% to 5%
- Publications (ebooks) – 10% to 5%
- Admission to cultural events – 13% to 5%
- Non-alcoholic beverages – 20% to 5%
The cuts are designed to assist sectors most hit by the coronavirus pandemic, and the prolonged lockdowns. It follows similar cuts in the UK, Germany and Belgium. VAT Calc’s global VAT and GST rates checker provides live indirect tax rates from around the world.