Italy is delaying the implementation of its marketplace reporting obligations in anticipation of the upcoming 2021 EU VAT e-commerce reforms on 1 July 2021.
However, it is instead planning on introducing a new, detailed transactional reporting for the marketplaces to submit of distance selling on their platforms by third-party sellers.
Initial highlights of the new e-commerce reporting by marketplaces include:
- Name, address and email of the sellers;
- Monthly filing of the new report
- First filing due in July 2019, covering February 2019 onwards;
- B2C distance selling transactions (B2B to be confirmed);
- Must list all goods sold on marketplaces; and
- Units and prices of goods sold (average price will be acceptable).