Belgian VAT code gets update
Belgium is considering a range of VAT compliance updates. A draft Bill is now passing in Parliament regarding a number of measures.
Also, see our Belgian VAT country guide.
The updates include:
- New legal definition of an electronic invoice as the country prepares for mandated e-invoicing from July 2024
- Extension of the reduced 6% VAT rate to solar panels
- Ratification of the extended cut to domestic electricity VAT
- VAT cut on medical equipment related to COVID-19 measures
- New definition of VAT abuse when obtaining a tax advantage contra to the objectives of the VAT Code
- Clarification on the rules for 6% reduced VAT rate on private buildings improvements
Get our free VAT newsletter for international VAT updates.