Watch VAT Advisor calculate import VAT and VAT return reporting
Import VAT bring B2B complex requirements for invoicing, deferred or postponed VAT plus VAT returns reporting.
Bringing goods into any country, including the EU, generally triggers import VAT obligations for the seller or business customer. This includes calculating the VAT – adding shipping and duty costs – invoicing, using postponed VAT accounting and where to report the gross and VAT amounts in the respective VAT returns.
For B2C import VAT, including marketplaces, watch our B2C VAT video.
Watch an intro video showing how VAT Advisor provides instant answers on single cross-border transactions.
Solving import VAT challenges with VATCalc
VATCalc covers all of the above requirements, whether on-screen (VAT Advisor and VAT Auditor), via an API call to our tax engine (VAT Calculator), or by posting the invoice to the correct VAT return box (VAT Filer):
- Full VAT calculation for invoices and all parties, including any shipping, insurance and duties;
- Calculations based on whose responsible for the transport, with the option to use INCOTERMS;
- Option to use deferred VAT accounting, VAT or customs warehousing for either party;
- Cites legislation articles relied upon for the conclusions, both EU VAT Directive and local national legislation; and
- Once you are happy and ‘commit’ the transaction, VATCalc can include the transactions in all the relevant VAT return within the same software. But this is just an option: you can use Advisor or Calculator separately.