Sistem E-Faktura B2B e-invoices reporting timeline reduced Jan 2024
The deadline for electronic recording of calculations VAT is shortened from 15 to 10 days from 1 January 2024 per a new Bill. There are also changes to adjustments of customs-related e-invoicing from August 2024.
Since 1 January 2023, B2B e-invoicing has been mandated in Serbia via Sistem E-Faktura.
This covers the creation, issuance, sending and receiving, processing and storage of e-invoicing. A new central clearing system, Continuous Transaction Controls (CTC) model has been created for the submission of sales invoice and then retrieval by customers in accordance with the Serbian Standard on Electronic Invoicing.
The scope of the e-invoicing extends to non-resident businesses with a local fiscal representative. Any eligible taxpayer (supplier or customer) has to register to the electronic invoicing system online. At this point, the applicant must determine if they will be submitting e-invoices themselves or via and authorised e-agent.
How to create e-invoices – Sistem za Upravljanje Fakturama (SUF)
To access the electronic invoicing system, SUF, directly, there will be two routes:
- Internet browser to create, upload or access supplier e-invoices
- API Application Programming Interface to connect taxpayer software directly
Check VAT Calc’s global live VAT invoice transaction and e-invoice reporting tracker to see where else real-time submissions of invoices is being implemented. You can check the right VAT calculations on individual or batch e-invoices with our Advisor and Auditor services.
The tax office has issued rule books on the minimum contents of XML e-invoices, including the list below. This is based on the EU e-invoice standard, EN 16931-1: 2017 + A1: 2019 / AC: 2020.
- Name, address and TIN of the issuer
- Unique ID number of the user of public funds (JBKJS)
- Bank account of the issuer
- Name, address and TIN of the recipient
- JBKJS of the recipient
- Number and date of an e-invoice
- Date of the supply of goods or services, i.e. date of the advance payment
- Code and/or name of the good, i.e. service and quantity and measuring unit for delivered goods, i.e. scope of services provided for each item of the e-invoice
- Value for each item from an e-invoice: Standard (‘S’); Exempt (‘AE’); Reverse Charge (‘AE’)
- Total amount of e-invoice
- The amount of advance payments